Will Crease Line Disappear After Restylane Injections?

I had one syringe of Restylane injected three days ago in the area between my nose and upper lip. I am very pleased as the 6 deep creases have disappeared. But I still see the 6 lines. Will the lines go away over time if I continue the procedure?

Crease lines and fillers

+1

The fillers are used to raise major depressions or improve the contour. It is unlikely that it will efface a deep etched line on the face completely.

Restylane can help erase the crease in the glabella

+1

Restylane is a very popular and effective hyaluronic acid-base dermal filler. It has been used widely throughout the face for the correction of deep lines and wrinkles. In the area between the eyes, we commonly recommend that patients begin with a small amount of Botox to relax these muscles. If they continue to have a wrinkle after the Botox treatment, they may benefit from a small amount of Restylane to help fill this line. Be sure that you work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in facial rejuvenation, blepharoplasty, brow lifts, and using dermal fillers to get the best results for this area of the face

Pat Pazmino, MD

Treatment options for mouth lines/wrinkles

+1

Lines and wrinkles to this area are related to the strong, purse-string-like action that the mouth muscle repeatedly performs. Although referred to as "smoker's lines", these wrinkles are not necesarily related to smoking and are a common problem for many people.

As the other panel members suggested, a good treatment plan will usually involve a small amount of Botox (to soften the action of this strong muscle), cosmetic dermal fillers (to fill the deeper wrinkles), and laser resurfacing with an ablative laser such as an Erbium MicroLaserPeel. Be certain to discuss all of the viable options with your practitioner, and don't hesitate to ask for before/after photos.

Please refer to the below link for further information/photos.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane and fine lines

+1

Restylane is useful for treating deep lines, not necessarily the fine lines around the mouth. Botox has a role, but must be used very carefully in order to avoid weakening the muscles that control smile and chewing/drinking. The best treatment for fine perioral wrinkles is a chemical peel and/or a laser treatment, not necessarily an injectable.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist prior to treating this perioral area.

William Bruno, MD

Crease line after Restylane injections

+1

The lines may soften over time but may not fully disappear. Botox injections can be used in this location (not too many units though or you may have difficulty speaking or drinking with a straw) to soften these lines. For a better chance of long-term improvement, Botox followed by laser or chemica peel resurfacing of this area is an option (there is some down-time though, 7-10 days of wound healing).

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist