Can Restylane Correct Radiesse Injected Area?

Have injected Radiesse under my eye tear trough area and felt that the radiesse migrated below to the cheek. I find some soreness towards the cheek area. I guess the product may have went under further down. Does this happen before? My tear trough area is still not completely filled. Can I use Restylane to correct or redo the fill? And how to correct the radiesse that was migrated. This is the first time I have filler injected under my eye area. I am could not get the result I like.

Restylane can be used to correct radiesse treatment

+1

Radiesse is generally not an appropriate product to be used in the under the eye tear through area as complications with radiesse in the area are frequent. Restylane can be used to fill the indentation.

Can Restylane be Injected after Radiesse?

+1

Hi Pepys.  It would be unlikely for Radiesse to migrate after injection.  With that said, the product can be shaped or slightly moved while massaging so we wonder if the product was massaged after injection by you or your practitioner?  This might help explain what you are seeing in relation to "migration".

As an aside, we do not and will not inject Radiesse under the eyes.  The area is too unforgiving for a product like Radiesse and your practitioner should not have done it.  Restylane is our product of choice in this area.

It is possible that Restylane can help with any residual areas that need to be corrected or filled after the Radiesse.  If you and your (old or new) injector agree that Restylane can benefit you then it would make sense to move forward.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane can be used to fill areas still indented after Radiesse was used

+1

If you are unhappy with an indentation then REstylane can be injected. Realize, however, that if a reaction occurs, you will never know which product caused the reaction as you would have two fillers in the area. The Radiesse should dissolve over a year or slightly more.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane Correct Radiesse Injected

+1

I'm concerned that a doctor injected Radiesse into your tear trough deformity. I would NEVER recommend it used there. And yes Rrestylane can be used to correct the residual deformity. Regards Dr. darryl J. Blinski

+1

Restylane can always be added if it is indicated.  The advantage to Restylane is that it can be dissolved, unlike Radiesse.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse not so good for this location.

+1

The Radiesse will most likely disappear in about 12 months.  There is no way to speed up this process.  In the meantime, yes filling in with Restylane will help correct your concerns.  The challenge is find a doctor who can do this in an artful way.

Lowere eyelid fillers

+1

I have never heard of filler product migrating after injection.  But, certainly restylane can be injected int he tear trough area to correct the concerns that you have

Restylane is used to feather and blend

+1

Radiesse cannot be dissolved, so any irregularity must be corrected with feathering (Restylane works best here) to smooth and contour any problem. Good luck.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist