Restylane After Removing Cheek Implants?

How long do I have to wait to use Restylane after having Porex cheek implants removed?

Wait at least 2 months after cheek implant removal.

It's not just the swelling. The anatomy of your face has to readjust and settle after cheek implants are removed. After 2 or 3 months, you should be able to see where and if you need fillers.

Juvederm and Radiesse are better choices than Restylane for increasing volume in your cheeks.

In New York City, we don't do cheek implants any more.

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

There is no hard and fast rule

I wouild probably wait 3 months to allow the tissue trauma to subside. That way,  you should have no sign of bruising or discoloration, nor any tenderness from the surgery before you proceed with filler.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

145 Robert E. Lee Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124

Restylane after removal of cheek implants

You may proceed with Restylane now. The implants would not be within the tissue where the implants formerly resided (against the bone). Post-operative swelling would be minimal by now. Why were the implants removed?

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305