Can Restylane and Botox Be Applied Safely in Different Areas at the Same Time?

Restylane and Botox together is very common

+2

Having Restylane and Botox treatments done in the same visit is extremely common and definitely safe, even when done in the same areas of the face.   Studies have shown the patients treated with Botox and fillers, like Restylane, in the same areas actually have better results than when either product was used alone.

Restylane and Botox at the same time

+1
It is very common to have Botox between the eyebrows done at the same time as Restylane in the nasolabial folds.  Please be evaluated by an experienced injector.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Restylane and Botox at the Same Time

+1

Dermal Fillers such as juvederm, restylane, and radiesse can be performed at the same time as botox. It is a frequent combination for us.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Combining Botox and Fillers Works Well for many kinds of wrinkles and furrows

+1

It is not only OK, but quite common nowadays among experienced injectors to combine various fillers, such as the hyaluronic acid fillers Juvederm and Restylane, with calcium-based volumizers, such as Radiesse. Depending upon the location and the need, these products are sometimes even mixed within the same syringe. A tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish colored material, added to Juvederm is particularly useful for lightening undereye dark circles while softening bags and tear troughs under the eyes.

Likewise, the use of neuromodulators, like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, are also frequently employed at the same time as fillers and volumizers when there is both a need for softening facial muscular action and treating the creases, the etch-like marks, that are left in the surface of the skin from years of folding thousands of times a day. I have found this combined approach particularly helpful in treating the scowl (frown) lines between the eyebrows and worry lines across the forehead. I first treat the etched creases with a superficial filler, such as Juvederm to raise them to the surface, and then follow this with Botox or Dysport. The superficial lift to each crease generally yields an immediate gratifying response, which is further enhanced within a few days when the muscle-relaxing effects of the neuromodulator take effect. Minute droplets of both filler and Botox placed superficially in a grid-like pattern can also be helpful for smoothing the otherwise difficult to treat prune-face-like wrinkling seen on the lower cheeks and around the chin in some individuals .

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Restylane and Botox can be injected in same patient at same time

+1

It is very common to treat a patient with Restylane or Perlane to the nasolabial fold and then at the same time perform a Botox injection to the glabella for instance. This is a very common safe practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane & botox

+1

It is very common for patients to have both treatments on the same visit. Usually restylane or Juvederm is applied to lower 2/3 of the face; with botox used for frown lines, forehead lines &/or crow's feet.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Restylane or Juvederm can be done at same visit

+1

It is extremely common for patients to get their Botox and fillers, whether Juvederm, Restylane or Radiesse, injected during the same visit with good results. If I inject the same site, then I inject the filler first and then the Botox so the botox won't be displaced by the pressure of the filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Can Botox and Restylane be Used Together?

+1

Hi Terri.  As Dr. Persky points out, Botox and Restylane can be used at the same time and even in the same area.  We also use these two products periodically together for the furrow or fronw lines in between the eyes when Botox is not eough to erase the lines.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane and Botox

+1

I use fillers like restylane all the time with Botox injections. I usually do the filler first especially in areas that may overlap with Botox treatmemt.

Botox and Restylane at the Same Time Even in the Same Area of Treatment

+1

Hi Germany,

Botox and Restylane can be administered in different areas at the same time, and can even be administered in the same area at the same time.  I find that treating glabellar lines (between the eyebrows) with Botox or Dysport and with Restylane or Juvederm concurrently gives a synergistic effect that is very long lasting.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD