Ask a doctor

Do you think restylane and possibly botox will help my under eye area? (Photo)

about 2-3 years ago my eye trough area began hollowing out, then about 1 year ago a crease started appearing when i smile. I am 43 and it is aging me terribly. Please help, i am afraid to smile. How much is this procedure approximately, or how many units do i need. I need to start saving up to get this done, as soon as i have enough .

Doctor Answers (6)

Treatment for lower eyelid bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You can likely benefit from either lower eyelid filler OR lower eyelid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Under Eye Wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your photo shows that you would be a good candidate for Botox around your eyes for the crow's feet and either Restylane or Belotero for the hollow under your eyes.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in facial injections for the best results,

Tear troughs ans wrinkling around eyes, try....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would use Dysport or Botox in area around eyes. I think that this will help you not worry about smiling. I like Restylane and Belotero for under the eyes. They both do well there. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Do you think restylane and possibly botox will help my under eye area?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I might try the Botox first in the crow's feet area and lateral lower lid only 10 to 15 units. I prefer Belotero Balance for the tear trough.. 

Do you think restylane and possibly botox will help my under eye area?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Restylane or Belotero is a great option to inject into the tear troughs to help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles ,you should see a significant difference but I do suggest you seek a reputable injector to ensure a natural result

Botox and Belotero

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best treatment for under your eyes would absolutely include Botox or Dysport, and a dermal filler.  The filler I recommend for under the eyes is called Belotero- it's also a hyaluronic acid filler but it's a little thinner (not as viscous) so it doesn't tend to look as lumpy when placed in a thin area such as under the eyes.

The Botox would be placed directly under the eye, and usually you just need a drop (1-2 units).  Botox at my office is $15/unit, however this of course varies depending on the office.

You would probably need one syringe (one ml) of Belotero, which is $550 at my office.  I would recommend that you find a board certified dermatologist in your area for a consultation.

Best of luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.