Restylane and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty?

I had Restylane injected in my lower eyelids about 2 months ago and I'm currently scheduled for a lower eyelid blepharoplasty next week. I've done some research and read in almost every article, you don't want to have a lower eyelid blepharoplasty with having Restylane still in there for healing purposes??? HELP!!

+1

Thank you for your question. Discuss this with your doctor/surgeon, and make a plan on what to do.  There is a difference if fat is going to be removed and skin or just skin or just fat.  Ideally, no filler gives a more accurate portrayal of your condition.  I don't like lower eye fillers as I see many complications from them.  I only use Belotero under the OU or small amounts . of Sculptura on the bone.  A topic to definitely discus with the surgeon. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Dermal Filler then Bleph

+1

I probably would wait until the Restylane has dissolved or dissolve it with Wydase┬«.  I would want the tissues close to their natural state as possible.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Restylane

+1

Restylane is not that big of an issue as it is a passive filler. You can disslove the fillers with an injection if it is a problem. I would not let it get in your way. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Blepharoplasty after filler

+1

The Restylane filler can easily be dissolved before starting with the surgery so as not to interfere with the surgery. Discuss it with your surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane and lower lid blepharoplasty

+1

the Restylane that is present in the lower lids should not affect the healing process undergoing a  blepharoplasty. It may  camouflage how much fat to remove or not remove during the surgical procedure

Fillers in the orbital area should not be an issue with blepharoplasty.

+1

I don't see how filler would interfere with blepharoplasty. It certainly shouldn't affect healing. However, if you're worried postpone your blepharoplasty until the filler is gone.

Restylane and lower lid blepharoplasty

+1

A small amount of Restylane should not affect the result.  Restylane will not affect healing.  The only issue is whether it will artifically minimize the amount of resection necessary.  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon and you may want to obtain the amount of cc's injected if this was performed by another physician.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

Restylane will not interfere with healing. The concern is that following surgery, as the Restylane resolves, a great blepharoplasty result might be diminished. It is difficult to optimally plan the procedure if you're not sure what is temporary filler and what is lower eyelid tissue. It is optimal to wait for the fill to resolve prior to surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye lid filler and blepharoplasties

+1

If you still see the eyelid changes that were made by the Restylane, you might consider postponing the surgery until all changes resolve. Pre injection and present photo comparison might be helpful. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Soft tissue filler prior to a lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

Your plastic surgeon needs to examine you to determine if it is safe to move forward with the lower blepharoplasty. Usually this is not a problem, but it depends on how much restylane was injected.  Usually the this soft tissue filler is injection is small amounts, .2 to .4 cc and should not alter your surgical plan.  Before and after photographs prior to the filler being injected would be helpful.