Can I Get Restylane if I Already Have Juvederm?

Can I combine fillers in the same area?

Can you get Restylane if you already have Juvederm?

+1

Restylane and Juvéderm are both naturally occurring in the skin and are made of hyaluronic acid. Because they are the same thing it is safe to inject both products. However, each filler is best designated for different conditions. I favor Restylane for fine lines and wrinkles because it is a smoother hyaluronic acid that stays in place and fills the lines elegantly. Juvéderm is better indicated for plumping rather than filling some people prefer Juvéderm for lips since the desired effect is to plump rather than fill.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

It's very common

+1

Combining these two fillers is very safe and a common practice. I have not seen any complications from these two fillers. Best of luck to you and I hope you are able to see the results you are wanting!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I combine fillers in the same area?

+1

Yes, you can combine fillers in the same area. There are no contraindications to using different HA's such as Restylane and Juvederm together.

Robert Heck, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I combine Restylane with Juvederm?

+1

Hi AL Gal.  We routinely combine different types of fillers, but more often than not t's the new R&R, Restylane and Radiesse.  

As long as the patient has no issue with the way the original injections look, we are happy to use Restylane after Juvederm.  Our only concern would be if we are asked to "fix" something from another injector and either do not know the product used or the patient is involved in a current dispute.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane and Juvederm

+1

It is safe to combine wrinkle fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. I routinely combine fillers such as Radiesse and Juvederm depending on the goal. Combining is safe as long as the person injecting your face is a board certified physician such a Plastic surgeon or a Dermatologist.

Stanley Okoro, MD

No problem combining fillers

+1

There is no problem combining fillers. The only downside is if you have a problem after the procedure it may be difficult to determine which filler caused the problem. I only occasionally use different fillers in the exact same area. It is more likely that I will use different fillers for different areas of the face based on the goals of the treatment. Proper protocol and cleaning the skin with antibacterial soap is essential for any filler but most especially when several fillers are used.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Should be no problem interchanging Restylane and Juvederm

+1

There should be no incompatibility issues using both of these hyaluronic acid fillers.  I rarely use both at the same time, but if you have had one you can certainly get the same area injected with the other next time you have a treatment.  One practical reason to favor one over the other is if there is a promotion that nets you a rebate or lower cost.  Bottom line - both are very effective fillers.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

OK to combine restylane and Juvederm

+1

It is OK to combine fillers. Different doctors have different preferences, but restylane and juvederm are very similar and work will together. I use both for my patients with great results.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Yes, you can combine fillers

+1

Combination of various fillers such Restylane and Juvederm is done all the time to achieve the best individual results.  It all depends on each individual needs.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Mixing different fillers

+1
There is absolutely no problem using both fillers in the same area. Both products are we call hyaluronic acid fillers which have some minor differences. Most doctors have their individual preferences but they can be used interchangeably.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist