Can I Have Restylane if I'm Allergic to Yellow Jacket Wasps?

I have a life-threatening allergy to yellow-jacket wasps. Is there any chance of this meaning I am would be allergic to Restylane?

Restylane and bee allergy

+1

There is not association of bee allergies and restylane allergies as far as I know. If you are concerned you can speak with your allergist.

Allergy to Restylane

+1

Restylane is made without using any human or animal products. The risk of any allergy is very rare.

If you are allergic to yellow jackets, you don't have to be concerned about allergy to Restylane.

However, after the injections minimize sun exposure for a few days. Use ice packs and do not do any exercise that day. If you feel any unusual pain or burning, sores or break outs, it could be a cold sore (herpes simplex) and you will then need Valtrex or a similar antiviral medicaiton.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and yellow jacket wasp allergy

+1

I have not heard of ANY cross reactivity between the Dolichovespula and Vespula wasps' toxin (Yellow Jacket) and Restylane.

Restylane is made up of hyaluronic acid which is naturally produced and found in our bodies, especially the joints and eye balls -- the difference is that it is more cross linked giving it a much longer persistence.

I hope this was helpful.