Can Restylane Be Added to Lips Already Filled With Permanent Silicone Microdroplets?

I had silicone microdroplets injected into my lips about 5 years ago and would like my lips plumped out a bit more. I'd like to just use a tiny bit of restylane in my lower lip and to correct some uneven-ness in my upper lip (one is higher than the other), to see how it looks before committing to more silicone. Can this be done? Can the 2 be combined with no bad effects?

Restylane and lips with implants

Yes, you can add Restylane to your lips. However, be sure to provide your previous history and information regarding your lip implants - proper placement and injection technique is crucial for best outcome with an implant.

Restylane - Can Restylane Be Added to Lips Already Filled With Permanent Silicone Microdroplets?

Probably yes, although there is always the possibility of an unanticipated reaction since there are two materials in there.  Plus there is undoubtedly some scar tissue that has formed as a result of the previous injections.

The good news is that Restylane can be reversed (dissolved, actually) with hyaluronidase.  So if there is any question of a problem after the Restylane has been added, you can "undo" it.  There are very few treatments that can say the same.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Combining Restylane with Silicone

Since it has been a long time since the silicone was injected, I think it is likely OK to inject the Restylane at this time.

Julio Garcia, MD