I have been considering Restylane Am I a Suitable Candidate? (photo)

I haven't always had these drastic circles under my eyes. They only developed a few years ago. Can Sinus Problems Cause or Worsen Dark Under Eyes? I'm not sure if I have one. I have been considering Restylane! Do u have any recommendations when it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon and do u think Restylane would fix the problem?

I have been considering Restylane Am I a Suitable Candidate?

+2

Restylane is a great option to inject into the tear troughs, you should see a significant difference but I do suggest you seek a reputable injector to ensure a natural result

You Would Be A Candidate For A Non Surgical EyeLift

+2

Dark circles underneath the eyes can be due to either:

1) A shadow from the transition from the lower eyelid to the cheek

2) Change in the pigmentation of the skin

If the dark circles is due to a shadow, as in your picture, smoothing this transition will bring light into the area, and improve the dark circle. Restylane injected into the area, a non surgical lower eyelift, can be done safely and accurately.

If the dark circle is due to a change in the skin, then Restylane will not be of help. You will need to seek a skin care expert to improve the pigmentation.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

​Belotero Balance and Restylane L Work Well For Tear Trough Deformities

+1

Many of the changes we typically encounter in the lower lids, namely tear trough deformities as appears to be the case from the photos)--as well as hollows and bags-- result from shrinkage, shriveling, and a downward descent of the once robust, heart-shaped fat pad that sat immediately under the lower lids and extended out toward the temples, inward toward the root of the nose, and downward about half-way to the angles of the mouth.

Today, we can attempt to address these problems nonsurgically with the injection of fillers and volumizing agents to restore the volume to the lower lids and recontour them, mask the bags, and diminish the darkish discoloration.

A variety of have been tried for these purposes. My personal favorites for dealing with tear troughs--for providing overally smoothness, shape and lift-- are the recently approved Belotero Balance, which has little tendency for the producing the bluish Tyndall Effect, and Restylane L. When some lightening of the tear trough is needed, a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish-colored filler, may be added. Although the materials used for this treatment have changed and been vastly improved over time, this form of treatment is by now means new, and I have been performing them routinely for nearly twenty years.

It usually takes about five minutes to treat each lower lid tear trough with immediate that typically evoke a "Wow!" response from patients when they look in the mirror.

While minimal bruising, tenderness, swelling and redness may occur following treatment in this delicate region, these are usually temporary and disappear spontaneously within one to seven days. Most people can return to work or social activities immediately or the following day and coverup may be used if desired.

Board Certified Dermatologists, who were the first do perform these nonsurgical tear trough procedures, as well as plastic and other aesthetic surgeons can be consulted for treatment.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Restylane for dark circles

+1

Restylane can give you some improvement and if you do not expect perfection you will probably be very satisfied. Look for a dermatologist or surgeon that has experience injecting around the eyes.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist