Effective to Use Restalyne for Between Brows and Forehead Lines?

I have lines between my brows and on my forehead. I would like to use botox but due to several health issues i have this is contraindicated. Would it be ok/effective to use Restalyne between my brows and on my forehead?

This best done by a true expert

+2

While small volumes of an HA filler are very effective, this area can have serious complications if not injected into the correct planes, so do your homework and make sure the doctor is appropriatley board certified and very experienced.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane for glabellar and forehead lines?

+2

A small volume of restylane can be applied to the frown lines (the vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows, sometimes referred to as the "11"). As Dr. Oppenheim mentioned, there are serious potential complications with injections of fillers to these frown lines but injection can be relatively safe if judiciously administered by a qualified practitioner - a physician in one of the cosmetic oriented specialties. I would advise against any fillers for the horizontal forehead lines and stick to Botox for this location.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

A Tentative yes

+2

These are acceptable places for Restylane, but it is imperative your injector be experienced in this area: a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Injections between the eyes (glabellar) should be done slowly, and fairl superficially. Probably the most devestating complication, tissue necrosis ( death) can emanate from this area and in cases destroy half the face. I have known of two cases where this happened ( in so-called medi-spas).

Make sure your physician has hyaluronidase and nitro paste in case this happens.

Injections into the glabellar help quite a bit, but a fair amount of the material does leak out since the pores tend to be large in this area. Injections into the forehead lines are not as effective and do not last terribly long due to the strength of the frontalis muscle.

As you insinusate in your question, Botox is a far better choice in this area.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Fillers in brows

+1

What is the contraindication to have Botox?  I will sometimes use a filler if there is a significant depression that does not improve with Botox treatment.  But I use it cautiously.