Can restoring hormonal balance get rid of excessive hair on female body?

I am a 20-year old female. I've noticed hair growth on my face, chest, abdomen, and arms over the past three months or so. I'm assuming that this is due to hormonal imbalance. Can smoking cigarettes cause increase in androgen or any hormonal imbalance that can cause hair growth? Also can restoring estrogen via birth control get rid of the excess hair?

Hormones and Hair

+1
Cigarette smoking can decrease your estrogen levels which may be the reason for hair growth. There are MANY other possible reasons as well but the main culprit is a hormone imbalance. We can check your lab work and visit with you to find out what might be causing it and then work to restore hormonal balance and reduce the hair growth.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon