What Is The Best Method For Restoring Volume to the Mid to Lower Face?

I am 42 male and have volume loss in the nasolabial area, the cheeks and the vertical laugh lines . I've tried juvaderm with so-so results. What are the best methods for restoring volume to this area? Are fat transfer effective( havent seen to many success stories) or are there any semi or permanet solutions? What have you had success with ? Thanks a lot

Volume restoration in the mid to lower face

+1

One of the three characteristics of aging is volume depletion in the mid face and temples. Up until about ten years ago this part of the aging face was not addressed by plastic surgery and cosmetic non-surgical procedures. Since that time there has been advances in methods of restoring this lost volume with improved techniques in fat grafting and injections of "artificial" filler. Over the last 5 years there has been a veritable explosion of choices for these inject-able fillers. To break it down, somewhat concisely, If a patient has reasonable donor fat, and is having additional facial rejuvenation procedures, I will usually recommend fat grafting over the fillers, since it is the patient's own tissue, they will be healing and swollen anyway, and when it works, it produces a result that is long term. More recently there are some terrific long term inject-able agents that may rival fat in its longevity and at the same time do not require a donor site, and the post treatment down time is significantly less. Products like sculptra, radiesse, and artefill are being used more often to give long term volume restoration in the cheeks and temples. While these can be used in the OR during a facial rejuvenation procedure, they can also be administered in an office type setting. I hope this helps. 

Multiple Areas of Facial Volume Loss

+1

Whenever multiple areas of facial volume loss or depressions or folds or deep wrinkles exist, fat transfer is a very reasonable option.  No one treatment is perfect.  Many of the fillers work for a limited period of time, but, for many areas, they may not provide enough volume without being too expensive.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfer

+1
Fat transfer is one of the most effective and long lasting methods for restoring midface volume loss. There are many success stories if performed correctly.  It is a safe and affordable procedure whose main downside is postop swelling and recovery. Consider an in person consultation.  All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Volume loss of the face

+1

Fat graft remains the best method to restore facila volume. It has a long term results. It is technique dependant and requires experience.

Facial rejuvenation may require multiple options. An exact and detailed analysis of the aging process and a plan for facial rejuvenation can be designed to fit the individual needs.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Juvaderm is a temporary filler. Although patients normally see improvement, the filler only lasts several months. Radiesse gives longer result which are predictable. The fat fill does work, and sometimes gives some lumpiness that requires massage.Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consult and opinion.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon