Best Way to Restore Volume to Cheeks? (photo)

Hi, I am a 28 yo female and over the last year have experienced quite dramatic volume loss around the cheek area and fat loss across the whole of my face. I don't have strong bone structure and have always had quite low cheekbones, however did have quite a chubby face with round cheeks above and below the cheekbone. The result is under eye hollows, naso-labial folds and drooping skin. I would dearly like to restore the healthy and natural chubby appearance to my face- what is recommended?

Restoring volume to the cheeks

+1

I typically use Restylane in the lower eye areas and then Perlane or Radiesse to fill in the entire cheek (not just the cheekbone). It's important to do the whole area for natural-looking volume and shape, it restores the face shape without looking like cheek implants. Cheek injectables also soften smile lines by elevating the cheek which subsequently elevates and thus softens the smile lines. Thanks, and I hope this helps answer your question!

Best Way to Restore Volume to Cheeks?

+1

Aesthetically speaking your cheeks are quite flat with the left looking smaller than the right.  This can be augmented with either a temporary filler (I prefer Perlane) or permanently with Cheek Implants.  The chin is also quite weak and could be balanced using a chin implant.  Hope this helps.

Implants vs Fillers For Facial Cheek Volume

+1

The choice for cheek augmentation is either implants or fat injections. There are advocates for both and neither one is right or wrong. They each have their own benefits and downsides which primarily come down to permanency (implants) vs resorption/lumpiness (fat) and ease of placement (fat) vs risk of infection and asymmetry. (implants) There are similar chocis for the nasolabial folds but by far most choice some type of filler, whether it is a synthetic material or fat. Between the cheeks and the nasolabial folds, a combination of implants and fillers can work together to create an improved appearance.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Loss of cheek volume in a young woman.

+1

Your upper cheeks are weak on the photo and there are many ways to improve this. Cheek implants are permanent and give better symmetry than fat injections or fillers without the lumps and bumps that can occur with those. Uncommonly a cheek implant can get infected, but done by an experienced surgeon should give consistent complication free results. The nao labial creases can be filled with Radiesse.