Re:Store Fraxel Treatment is Safe? is It Painful??

I am worry about the safety of the RE:Store fraxel treatment, cause I saw some patient commentes, and some tell that they have big skin troubles after they did the treatment, one pacient, even said that she is like 36 or 37 but after the treatment she appears like 80.. is that possible? or what are the cautions or the cases where is not recommended to do the treatmen? (example: allergies, dermatitis, etc). And.. is it truth that is very painful??

Fraxel restore is safe and effective

+2

Fraxel Restore is safe and effective. As with any surgery the treatment results require a skilled and trained individual.

In terms of discomfort, the patients are pre-treated with a topical anesthetic. Most patients report that there is very little discomfort before or after the procedure. In my case I was able to have the Fraxel at at lunch time with no pain and was back to see patients at 100 pm

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel Re:store is safe

+1

When performed appropriately by a trained physician, the Fraxel re:store laser is a safe and effective treatment.  That being said, as with any laser procedure, there are some potential side effects, so you need to make sure you get the treatment from someone who knows how to use the laser.  With the use of numbing cream, the procedure is tolerable without much pain at all.  The result of the treatments is a smoother, more even toned skin. 

Joshua Zeichner, MD

Fraxel works, but it is not painless

+1

Fraxel can be very uncomfortable for some patients (and some tolerate it very well). Remember all tissue is not Kleenex and all fractional lasers are not Fraxel. I have been using the technology for years and can attest to its benefits for improving aging skin. There are several versions of Fraxel as well: Refine (too gentle to work), Restore (the gold standard in non-ablative rejuvenation), Dual (the best for discoloration), and Repair (very aggressive and painful, but gives greatest result with fewer sessions). I hope this helps.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Risks of Fraxel

+1

Unfortunately, many patients refer to their laser, which might have been a different manufacturer, as Fraxel, and many patients do not refer to whether it was Fraxel Restore or Repair. Regardless, I have been doing Fraxel since its inception and their have been three different model upgrades. I have never observed older appearing skin as a result of Fraxel.  There are always risk with any procedure, and with all lasers, this can include lighter and darker pigmentation, lack of results, sensitivity that is temporary, temporary redness and even infection and stimulation of cold sores. Patients who have facial eczema, open sores, active acne, or bacterial infections should not have the treatment. Melasma, or facial pigmentation, can be made better or worse with the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD