Which is Better to Restore Eyebrows After Electrolysis: Latisse or Rogaine?

An electrologist removed a large part of my brows without my permission. It's been 10 months since then and I've had sparse regrowth and continuing bald areas using Retin-A on the area nightly to try to stimulate hair growth. Doctors here say Latisse only works on undamaged follicles. Do eyebrows contain dormant follicles that have never produced hair on me but could be woken up with something like Latisse? Or should I use Rogaine first to stimulate follicles and then Latisse?

Restoring hair growth after electrolysis

+2

Electrolysis is designed to completely kill a hair folicle. Therefore once destroyed there is nothing to revive that follicle. However, it is possible that surrounding follicles may respond to therapy to stimulate growth. Of the two treatments you mention, rogain versus latisse, rogaine has a longer track record and does not have the side effects of latisse such as possible hyperpigmentation of the skin. I would first try rogaine to the area of treatment and see if you have any response. However, it may be likely that you get no response at all since the follicles were destroyed by electrolysis.

Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

You need to have follicles to have hair or lashes...

+2

Electrolysis literally destroys follicles, the specialized clumps of cells in skin which produce a hair shaft. If the follicle is destroyed no amount of stimulation will generate or resurrect it.

Latisse acts by keeping more follicles in the growth phase where they produce hair. Without it, they would spend more time in the dormant phase they do not produce. Latisse cannot work in the absence of follicles.