Is It Possible to Restore Original Brow Position After Endoscopic Forehead Lift?

I had an endoscopic forehead lift 3 years ago. I am very unhappy with the result. My brows are lifted too high. I would like to restore brow original position. I don't like the new shape of my eyes as well. In August 2010 I had an endoscopic correction of brow position but, unfortunately, nothing has changed. Is it feasible to get brows to what they were before surgery? Can it be done endoscopically? Thanks in advance.

+3

In looking at your photos, it does look like the brows are high for a male brow.  Therefore, it is reasonable to consider lowering the eyebrows which is possible. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endoscopic reverse browlift

+3

Usually it is possible to perform a reverse browlift to lower the brows through an endoscopic approach.

At the time of surgery, any suspension devices are removed and tissues scarring upward are released.

Reverse browlifts are more technically complex than first time browlifts, so experience is a must.

Below is a chapter on browlifting for those interested.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Brows should never be lifted too high, especially in men

+2

Endoscopic brow lift is an excellent procedure for the right person. The key to forehead and brow beauty is more the shape of the brow and not the height. A female brow should arch towards the sides. Male brows are located closer to the bone and have more of a slight dome shape. Lifting a male brow too high can feminize the brow. If that occurs, eyebrows can be lowered. The first step would be with Botox. IF that doesn't work, the brow can be surgically lowered using an endoscopic technique.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Brow position

+2

If you had an endoscopic brow list, and the brows were elevated with realease of the periostium and tacked with endotines, sometimes the release of the periostium alone will lift the brows and it may not come back down as much as you would like.  This can be attempted again or Botox could be used.

Brow lift overdone

+2

I typically don't raise the inner portion of the eyebrows unless they are extraordinarily low.  My brow lifts focus on the lateral outer half of the eyebrow position since that is what ages the most.  I would recommend you see val lambros in california who often corrects overdone plastic surgery.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Surgery to Help Restore Eyebrow Position

+2

Hi dmvx in Russia, Moscow,

Yes, endoscopic surgery may help improve the position and shape of the brow. For men, an aesthetically pleasing brow is much lower as compared to women. While more commonly elevated for rejuvenation, the brow may also be lowered.

However, no plastic surgeon will be able to restore completely the position and shape of your brow to their original appearance. Botox Cosmetic injection may be an appropriate solution to help alter the brow position without surgery. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon or specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may want to consider Botox for lowering....

+2

If you weaken the frontalis muscle with botox you may see a reduction in the brow heighth. The surgical procedures to correct this will be very unpredictable.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring brow position after endoscopic lift

+2

Looking at your pictures I would agree that your brows are higher than the ideal for a male. But not excessively high, so you shouldnt worry too much. It can be restored, that is the brows can be lowered but it is a major procedure; your scalp will to be shifted forward. It is not a high risk procedure by any means but you need to find someone experienced in doing this type of surgery.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thanks for the posted photos. Yes it is possible to lower the brow to a more relaxed position. From MIAMI Dr. B

Reversal of Browlift

+2

Your surgeon did a good job lifting your temporal (sides of) brows. Unfortunately, this is a feminizing look. THerefore, I would agree that lowering the brows would be aesthetically pleasing.

Brow-lowering foreheadplasty is certainly possible. It can be performed both endoscopically or as an open procedure. If your last procedure was in August 2010, I would wait at least another 5 months before embarking on the next (and last) surgery. Best of luck.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon