Does Restaylyne Cause the Look & Feel of Bb Pellets on the Lips when It Was Applied to Outside Edges of the Lips?

Restylane and bumps

+1

It is not uncommon for you to have bumps post dermal filler injection - however, following up with your provider is the best way to assess and treat and/or massage the area if necessary.

Bumps following Restylane injections

+1

Bumps following Restylane injections are rare, but may be caused if:

1) The Restylane was injected superficially, or too close to the surface of the skin
2) Too much was injected
3) The Restylane was injected unevenly and/or with poor technique

In general, these lumps can be massaged out if they are addressed within 24 hours of the initial injections. In cases where the patient wishes to eliminate filler in an area before the body takes care of it on its own, the enzyme hyaluronidase is a great option.  The enzyme can dissolve the filler, leaving the patient without a trace of it. Depending on the exact nature of your issue, this may be an option.  I would recommend seeing your physician who performed the injections, and discussing a possible treatment for your issue with him or her.  Thanks and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-fillers/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no substitute for a skilled injector.

+1

Having said that it is possible to miss an area where too much filler has been placed.  If it has been just a few days since treatment, see your injector immediately.  The injector can manually manipulate the material to better distribute it.  If is has been more than a week, it is often necessary to have hyaluronidase, the enzyme that breaks down the filler, to adjust the material.  Get help for this because if you are waiting for this to go away on its own, it will be a long wait.

Restylane in the vermillion border of the lips should be smooth

+1

No matter where Restylane is injected, it should be smooth. While the vermillion border, the area around the lips, is a more difficult place to fill, experienced injectors should have no problem doing it smoothly and without lumps. It should never feel like BB pellets! Either see the injector that filled your lips like this, or consider seeing another experienced injector for an evaluation.

Restylane for the lips

+1

When Restylane is carefully and properly injected it should be perfectly smooth before you leave the office. I carefully massage all of my patient's filler injections so there are no lumps when I am finished. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/restylane/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane to the lips

+1

When performed properly Restylane should be very smooth and not lumpy. I have used Restylane for many years and have been very happy with its safety and eveness.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.