Should Restaylane be injected directly under a wrinkle in the nasolabial fold or slightly above?

Mine was injected slightly above and I still have a wrinkle there although it is somewhat diminished. Also the product was placed above the wrinkle at the corner of my mouth, so the corner is lifted but the wrinkle is still there. I really need fillers for my hollow cheeks now more than ever because my lower face looks out of proportion because I have a very thin face overall, but I'm wary of returning to this doctor. Thank you very much. but I'm wary of going back to this same dermatologist. Thank you.

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+2

Hello, thank you for your question! Fillers should be injected below the wrinkle, or nasolabial fold for best results. Best of luck!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Injection Technique

+2

Hi SG. There are multiple ways to skin a cat as it were when it comes to injection techniques. This is why injections are as much of an art as a science.

If you are wary of returning to this same injector because you are not happy with the results, then you should look for someone new.

Without seeing a photo, it would be impossible to tell you how we would approach the injections.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane be injected directly under a wrinkle in the nasolabial fold or slightly above?

+2

Without a photo provided its difficult to evaluate your concern, I would recommend a thorough consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion to see what may be best for your aesthetic desires.