Had Restylane and juvederm for Under Eye Bags, Forgot to Mention I'm having Surgery for Eye bags?

I had Restalyne n Juvederm injections for my under eye bags in July n again in the 1st week of August 2012. I forgot to tell my Dr n am having my eye surgery (bags removed) Oct 17th). I hould call my Dr yes??

Yes your surgeon should know you had injections

+2

It would be best to let your surgeon know so that they can help you make the decision to either dissolve the filler before surgery or during the surgery. Ideally you will have your own fat repositioned so that your eyelid contour is restored. My recommendation is that you have it dissolved at least one week before surgery.

Sometimes the filler defies the hyaluronidase and has to be surgically removed.

Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and eye surgery

+2

You should let your surgeon know about this prior to your surgery date so they can dissolve this if they wish to. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Timing of HA fillers with eye surgery

+2

You certainly want to let your doctor know about previous treatments around your eyes.  there may be some residual product he will want to take into account.  In the area under the eyes the fillers can have increased longevity if it is injected close to the bone where it will not move around much.

Volume restoration into the tear trough area is an important part of lower eyelid rejuvenation and I always discuss this with my patients.  If the volume loss in the tear trough is corrected, then the overall result with be more natural. This volume correction can be accomplished with movement of the lower eyelid fat during surgery, via fat transfer, or with a filler like Restylane.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Inform your physician before your surgery date. Incase there's any problem, your medical provider can dissolve this products using an enzyme called hyaluronidase.

Lower eyelid fillers and surgery

+1

Restylane and Juvederm can often last several years under the eyes, so definitely discuss this with your surgeon. The filler can be dissolved with hyaluronidase at the time of surgery or before, if needed.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reversing infraorbital fillers prior to lower blepharoplasty

+1

If the Restylane and Juvederm were injected more than a year ago, then it is unlikely any filler is remaining.  It is important to share this information with your surgeon so that he/she can evaluate you and determine the best way to address this.  He/she may choose not to do anything differently, or dissolve the restylane and filler with hyaluronidase.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD