Restylane and Chin Implant

i had restalyne injection to chin and cheek areas and the result were not satisfying! it been one 2 monthes after and now i want to have a chin implant so my question is : can i have a chin implant before restalyne wears off ? because i can't postpone the operation due to many personal reasone . please dont tell me i cant :( thanx alot docs

Chin implant after use of Fillers, Timing and options

+2

Hi, For best result have your surgeon use Hyaluronidase ( an enzyme that dissolves the Restylane). After that  your surgeon can make measurement for the most  precise and predictable result. Hope this was helpful.

Chin implant after restylane injections

+1

Restylane can provide a temporary improvement to the chin area. However, if you are not satisfied with the appearance from the restylane, then there is a product you can have injected to quickly remove what is left. This product is called hyaluronidase and will dissolve away the remaining restylane you have. After you remove the remaining restylane, the surgeon will have the proper idea as to what size chin implant works best for you. It usually takes 48 hours to dissolve away the remaining restylane. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Chin enlargement: not enough & looking for implant - management and timing

+1

You could undergo alloplastic augmentation genioplasty, however, your surgeon would have to compensate with a larger implant to anticipate resorption of the restylane. Alternatively, you could undergo off-label injection of hyaluronidase to expedite resorption of the restylane and then proceeed with chin augmentation

Restylane and chin implant

+1

It is fine to have a chin implant now. Discuss with your surgeon of record to understand more fully. 2 months is quite enough time to wait. From MIAMI Dr. B

Chin implant after restylane

+1
If there was a significant change in the appearance of your chin after the restylane injection, it would be best to wait until things have settled down to there pre injection state and ten pursue chin implant. Otherwise, you may have too small of an implant placed. Another option would be to inject hyaluronidase (enzyme to dissolve the restylane) into the area before the chin implant.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon