Getting Restalyne 1ML on Lips Done for the First Time & Flying out in 5 Days

Hi im just getting restalyne done for the first time, Just one ML and im just wandering if i will be okay to travel internationally in five days? Im slightly concerned about bruising and swelling, how long does this usually take ? Also, im hoping 1ml is enough for bigger and fuller lips, is this the casE? Thankyou

Restylane - 1 mL in the lips: okay to travel?

+1

That sounds like the right amount of Restylane for an initial treatment and, in fact, that's usually about the most I'd want to put in the lips at any one time (you can always do more at a later time).

You can reasonably expect some swelling and bruising - that's the case for any injection, but certainly for an injection in the lips.

It's fine to travel 5-7 days after the procedure, but you may still have some lingering effects (swelling, bruising) from the injections.  It can take up to a week to 10 days for the bulk of these effects to dissipate - but you should be fine.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Restylane Lip Enhancement

+1

Hi Amanda. In general, travelling 5 days after restylane treatment should not present a problem. Bruising and swelling should be resolved by then. Any persistent bruising can be covered with makeup. Be aware that  when a treatment is performed for the first time, there will be a greater degree of uncertainty on your part. Consider that being distant from your doctor may limit your ability to be examined by and/or seek advice from your doctor should any questions arise. Always check with your doctor regarding his or her recommendations in your particular case. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

Traveling after restylane

+1

I do a very conservative fill and then let the patient decide more and exactly where. It alway supprise me that we don't get more swelling but, you should be ok to travel.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Restylane Lip Augmentation

+1

Taking an international flight 5 days after restylane treatment should not be a problem.  We have many out of town patients who come to Beverly Hills for their treatments.  I like to show my patients the progression of their lip augmentation DURING the process so that they can see and tell me what they want. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Restylane in lips and brusing expectations

+1

Restylane may result in bruising and swelling after injection. It may last 5-7 days and is often most pronounced in the lips. One ml syringe is usually a good starting point for injection in lips.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Are Traveling Restrictions Necessary with Restylane Treatments?

+1

As the panel members stated, traveling several days after treatment should not be a concern.  It's probably more important to plan ahead for the special occasion of a vacation or event so that any unexpected bruising or swelling may have time to resolve.  Also, the 2 week mark after treatment is the ideal time to appreciate the full effects of the treatment.

Regarding amount of product to be used in the treatment plan, only you and your practitioner can come to the best decision.  Make certain to describe what your goals are and stay an active participant in the treatment.  In our experience, a natural look is best achieved by not over-filling.  Most find that 1 cc of product is more than enough.  Over-correction is avoided when realizing that the volumizing effect may continue for up to two weeks.

We also educate patients that the "frame" around the lips/mouth area is important when evaluating the entire lower face.  Please refer to the below link on the many ways mouth shaping is achieved.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Flying 5 days after Restylane

+1

Greetings~

No worries about flying 5 days after your treatment.  Generally, swelling after treatment resolves in 2-3 days and if you have any concerns in the few days following treatment you'll still be around to have them addressed by the provider that did your injections.  It's difficult, if not impossible, to say what amount of filler (Restylane) would be needed to give you the results you desire.  1cc may be perfect...it may be far too much...or it may be not nearly enough....it all depends on what you are starting with and what results you want to achieve.  Hyaluronic Acid fillers such as Restylane are great for the lips.  They can provide nice volume and still remain soft and they are completely reversible with hyaluronidase if patients are unhappy.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

OK to travel after Restylane for lip augmentation

+1

We have patients that travel from all over the world for fillers like Restylane in the lips and Perlane or Radiesse to the cheeks and jaw line that leave the same day.  IMHO, you'll be fine 5 days after Restylane to the lips.  Will 1 cc, of Restylane, be enough to augment your lips?  Don't know, it'll depend on how full they are now and how full you'd like them to be.

Restylane and travel

+1

You can travel after your facial filler. The only limitation would be the day of or within 48 hrs. Usually I tell people there will be a erythema right after the injection. It is cleared by the next day. Ice that night , no makeup . Keep your face clean, and by the next day you should be ready to get out and about. Any lumpy bumpy feelings can be massaged but clear that with the injector. Also no drinking through a straw the first 48hrs. That suction affect can displace the filler .  Good Luck.

Paul Albear, MD

Traveling after Restylane

+1

In general, the only concern is the issue of swelling and bruising after the treatment. The degree of bruising can be affected by your medications so make sure you avoid things that promote bleeding such as aspirin, ibuprofen, various vitamins and nutritional supplements, etc. Swelling can sometimes be more of an issue when treating the lips than other areas but I think you should be fine with only 1cc which is a good idea anyway if this is the first time you are having your lips done. As a whole patients are very happy with Restylane lip augmentation as it's a nice look.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist