How Much Restalyne?

I have booked an appointment to get restalyne injected into my lips. I will probably only do 0.3ml. I only want a small change, a little bit of plumping-basically just a plumper,improved version of my own mouth. I am scared it will look too obvious though - what results can I expect with 0.3ml?

Restylane in the lips

+1

Dear Jule85,

• 0.3ml of Restylane is a very small amount
  • Even with 1cc of Restyalne, the result will be apparent, but also slight
  • You may want to try Juvederm instead as it swells up a little bit as it heals
  • If you hate the results, there is an antidote called hyaluronidase (or Wydase) that can dissolve all of it

Nima Shemirani

How Much Restalyne?

+1

With a 0.3 syringe you would be seeing a very small difference, most patients use an entire 0.5 syringe

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How much Restylane is needed for the lips

+1

Without photos, this answer will be very general. A .3ml syringe of filler is usually reserved for a touch-up or for a small scar. Though 1ml sounds like a lot of filler to many people, it is the most common amount used for the lips. You should not expect much of a change from .3ml of filler, and I would suspect you'll be back to have more added.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restalyne is a good choice for a filler

+1

Restalyne is a hyaluronic acid filler that works very well for subtle changes on the face and lips.  It is similar to Juvederm, just a different company's version of hyaluronic acid.

If you use only 0.3 - 0.5 cc, you will be fine, that is a very small amount.  You can always add more Restalyne later on if want.  We call that layering.  Restalyne will last around 12 months.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How Much Restalyne?

+1

Cost of Restylane can vary from each practice/physician and also depend on the area you live in. A 0.3 cc syringe is a very small amount to be injected and wont see much of a difference, most patients are happy using 0.5 and see a great result. Seek a reputable board certified physician to ensure a natural, subtle look you wish to achieve. 

Best regards 

Volume for lip enhancement depends on individual

+1

Great question, but it is very hard to answer without photographs and more information (i.e. your age and whether you have lips which are naturally full, thin, etc).  I would try to get some photographs to show your injector to give them an idea of what your goals are.  I would tell you that 0.3ml is not much volume...it can make a difference, to be sure, but it will very subtle.

Generally speaking, most women in my practice can get a nice, natural enhancement with 0.8-1.0 ml of filler.  Sometimes more volume is needed.  When the injections are done properly, the result will be natural in its appearance.  On occasion, smaller amounts of filler are appropriate, but it all depends on what your lips look like now and what kind of results you want to achieve. 

When a patient is very concerned about looking over-filled, we often use a portion of the syringe and have a check up in two weeks.  More often than not,  when our patients return, they want to use the rest of the syringe because they love the look they have and want a little bit more.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller Lips

+1

I agree that you should want natural not fake lips. Fake lips are so obvious to everybody.

The amount of Restylane that you need to achieve the final result depends on the final look you want. Whilst 0.3cc is not much, it may be sufficient to give you the look that you want. You may wish to consider buying the whole syringe, trying 0.3cc, and going back for a touchup in 2 weeks once the swelling has settled.

Michael Weinberg, MD

Restylane and lip fill

+1

0.3 cc restylane is almost nothing. I almost always use 0.5 cc for each lip minimum.  Often patients require more.  Best to be seen in person.

Restylane

+1

In our practice the price of 1 ml of Restylane filler is $550. It may vary depending on the city and practice.

Jhonny Salomon, MD