Why Won't Restalyn Fix my Wrinkles?

I'm only 23 years old but i have really bad genetic wrinkles under my eyes. My doctor tried Botox and it helped minimally, so I went back 3 weeks later for restalyn only it didn't help because my wrinkles are too stubborn, so instead i just got more Botox injections done yesterday. Is there anything else I can try? Is increasing the Botox under the eyes even worth it? I feel like I keep losing money only to be extremely disappointed with the outcome.

Botox and Radiesse for Wrinkles Under the Eye

+1

Botox is most effective for treating overactive muscles that cause the overlying skin to crease. These include forehead lines, crows feet and frown lines between the brows.

Botox is not effective for the undereye area. The wrinkles in this region are not really caused by muscles.

Without visuals or more details it is difficult to give more precise information.

As opposed to Restylane, Radiesse might be a better option for the skin under the eyes. This is because it provides structural support as opposed to just filling in the wrinkles. This is just a suggestion.

You may want to discuss your situation and various options with a board certified dermatologist.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane is not for under eyelid wrinkles

+1

fillers are not good treatments for under eyelid wrinkles. Sometimes they are treated wtih an eyelid tightening procedure "blepharoplasty" and rarely with laser resurfacing. If however, you were born with this condition, then there may be no reasonable safe treatment for you.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hard to know what you need without a personal consultation.

+1

You are young.  I don't doubt that you have an issue that is very bothersome to you.  It is improbable that Restylane would not be able to improve your issue.  The challenge is that this is an advanced service that needs to be done by a very experienced surgeon.  Spend some time to find the right person to help you.

Botox is a temporary fix

+1

You are very young and have many options. Without seeing your eyes, I cannot give you a definitive solution, but I would strongly encourage you to look at the DOT CO2. This procedure works wonders with fine lines under the eyes, and improves texture immensely. At your age, the wonderful thing is that you still have a significant amount of collagen production, which this proceed stimulates. This is the number one treatment that I would recommend. We offer complimentary consultations if you have any further questions. Take care

Jeffrey Adelglass, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is not the treatment for wrinkles under the eyes

+1
Botox is not a treatment for under eyelid wrinkles which are not caused by muscle contractions. You aren't shown a photo or stated the amount of Restylane which was injected but I do not see a reason why additional Botox would even be considered in this area. I hope that you have been treated by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Fraxel laser might be an option but, given your age, I would personally like to know more before seeing you rush off for additional treatment.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Under-eye wrinkles and how to address them

+1

Often the skin under the eyes develops fine wrinkles that aren't due to muscle contraction (Botox won't help) and are too superficial for fillers to help.  If there is not a lot of redundant skin, you might consider speaking with a cosmetic dermatologist about fractionated CO2 laser or a chemical treatment to tighten up the skin. If there is redundant skin, you may need a conservative lower eyelid blepharoplasty to tighten the area.  An oculoplastic surgeon could assess this need for you.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon