I Had Restalyne Done Under my Eyes, What a Nightmare! How Do I Get the Stuff out of my Face?

And the bags go way further out then my cheek. I am so uncomfortable looking at people. How do i make the stuff go away?

+1

Im very sorry to hear you're unhappy with your fillers, you can have your medical provide inject an enzyme called Hyaluronidase to dissolve this product  

Dissolving filler

+1

There are a lot of negative reviews about hyaluronidase on this website, but I find that it works very well and should help you return to you pretreatment appearance.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to dissolve hyaluronic acid filler

+1

One of the advantages of using hyaluronic acid fillers is that they can be dissolved using a hyaluronidase (such as Vitrase).  Most of the product can be dissolved within minutes after injection of hyaluronidase, and your previous appearance should return.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Hyaluronidas can be injected into the area where Restylane was injected to dissolve it very quickly.

+1

Restylane is an easy product to dissolve using hyaluronidase injections.   The doctor who injected the Restylane may be able to do this for you.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and want it removed

+1

Removing a HA filler is not a problem as it is easily dissolved with hyaluronidase. GO and see your doctor and they can dissolve it. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Rapidly Reversing Restylane

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your result.  Restylane is a great treatment for filling in the tear trough, and it is usually a great way to rejuvenate the face.  You didn't mention how long it has been since you were treated.  If you haven't discussed your feelings with your injector, you should make sure you do so.  Even when the swelling is severe, it usually takes no more than 2 weeks to go away.  Most patients feel presentable after 1-4 days.  If it has only been a few days, make sure you discuss with your injector since hopefully you will get the results you desire when the swelling comes down.

If you are unhappy with the results and it has been 2 weeks, it is easy to dissolve the Restylane (or any other HA filler like Juvederm or Boletero) using a hyaluronidase (brand names like Wydase and Hylenex).  This is a quick and easy treatment which usually sees the product disappear quickly.  Although your doctor may try for a partial removal of product, be prepared that sometimes that isn't possible.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing fillers

+1

The good thing about Restylane (and similar hyaluronic acid gel products like Belotero and Juvederm) is that they are reversible.  Injecting its reversing enzyme (hyaluronidaze) can "melt" the existing Restylane in a few minutes to hours.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase enzyme can be used to remove the treatment.

+1

Generally what we do with funky treatments is determine if it is possible to shape the treatment with enzyme rather than flush all the expensive product away.  I have had fabulous success doing this.  This is best on recent treatments.  I have had people treated elsewhere come in with over treatment 2 to 3 years after the fact.  It is generally hard to shape old product.  I find for these situations, it is best to plan on breaking down whatever product is there and starting over.  Please keep in mind you need to find a very experienced injector to help you.  It is best to find someone in your area because more than one treatment session may be needed.  You are looking for someone to sculpt the face.  This is not a fungible commodity where the lowest price is the right choice.

Restylane removal

+1

Restylane is a hyaluronic acid and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. It is a farily easy procedure and may take a week or two to see the final result.