How to Best Resolve/eliminate Swelling of Outer Eyes - Hard Lumps - 13 Days After Upper/lower Eyelid Lift?

Been 13 days since I had upper and lower eyelid surgery. All went well - overall - no bruising now -minimal swelling... however - I am very concerned about the outer eye area - both sides - I have large,hard lumps where my surgeon said I need to massage daily with cool cloths - to get the dissolvable stitches to dissolve? And eliminate the large hard bags? How often should i do this each day and how long before this tissue and swelling will recede and look normal? Should I use mederma?

Palpable lumps along the lateral orbital region following a blepharoplasty

+2

Depending upon the technique used you may be feeling suture knots along the lateral orbital rim.  These are generally absorbable sutures and you can expect this to get better over the first 3 months. 

+1

If you still have dissolvable sutures at two weeks that are bothering you, the surgeon can remove them for you at his or her discretion, of course.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lumps after blepharoplasty

+1

I think it is best to follow your surgeon's instructions carefully. Follow closely with your surgeon as well. Good luck.