Is this residual swelling or face fat? If I lose weight, will I lose this jowl-like/square like appearance?

Hello, here is my story: I got chin liposuction (smart lipo) a little under a year ago - February 2013 to be precise. On the day of surgery, my "surgeon" (he is not board certified) to do jawline lipo as well and I agreed. Post surgery I ballooned in swelling and that lasted quite some time.. I also still have a double chin but I digress. My facial structure is typically a v-shape and it has squared in addition to being uneven. What can I do - is this still post op swelling or fat?

Submental Smartlipo

+1
It is best to sit and have a consultation with your surgeon to discuss your options. Submental Smartlipo will remove unwanted fat deposits and help to tighten the skin. You will notice a contour in your jawline almost immediately after the procedure. Good luck!

Square Face

+1
One thing for sure, your surgeon did not add fat to your face. However, by one year you should see the final result. 

If you are not happy with the advice of your surgeon seek a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction swelling

+1
  • At 10 months, you are probably near your final result for your chin and jaw liposuction,
  • I suggest seeing a better qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your result. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction of chin a year ago

+1

By one year your swelling should have disappeared. It would be best to be seen in person to get a better idea.