Is It Normal To Have Residual Fluid Underneath Cartilage Graft After Closed Rhinoplasty?

I had closed rhinoplasty 8 days ago to remove my nasal hump & straighten my nose. My PS said that he grafted extra cartilage from the right side of my nose to the left side to straighten it. I saw him to have my cast removed today and the right side of my nose near my cheek was very tender & red. After painfully prodding around he said that there's fluid under the cartilage so he taped & re-splinted my nose for 5 more days. Is this normal? I'm worried! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Cartilage in nose and fluid

+1

It is common to have swelling not too common to have fluid. Keep a close eye onit with your surgeon. Good luck.