Residual Bump 6 Weeks Out? (photo)

6 weeks out from open rhino. Bridge was smoothed, as seen in my post op pic from the OR table but I now see my bump back. Same situation with my bump from a 3/4 view...and even worse, but no surgery table pic for that to prove it was taken away so I left that out. It doesn't feel all that spongy so could this be something I'm left with? I have a 2 month post op appointment but after sending in photos a few weeks ago, dr thought it was just swelling. I still have some swelling but it is mostly in the tip.

Six weeks is too early to assess this rhinoplasty

+2

It takes months (and even years) to see the final result from a rhinoplasty.  Sometimes it can become clear more quickly that there is a problem, and if a significant problem is discovered within the first couple of weeks, it may be reasonable to do an early revision, but in most cases it is far better to allow the rhinoplasty to heal and the swelling to resolve to assess the result.

Especially if it seemed OK shortly after the surgery, I would allow this to continute to heal.  Generally any additional surgery within the first few months (with the very rare exception discussed above of surgery within the two or three weeks for an unmistakable problem) is not advisible.

Residual bump 6 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

After 6 weeks, you will still be experiencing swelling and it is generally too soon to come to any conclusions about your result. 70% of the swelling is usually resolved after the first 3 months, and the reminder goes down over time. Your final result will not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. I would recommend waiting a bit and seeing how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Residual Bump 6 Weeks Out?

+1

Six weeks, post Rhinoplasty, is too soon to see the final result.  If the bump is soft and disappears with pressure, it's swelling.  If it's hard and does not, you should discuss the options with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.