What Can Be Done to Reshape my Nose?I Have a VERY Bulbous Tip. (photo)

Without going on too much, basically I feel the bridge of my nose is ok but i have a VERY bulbous tip that kind of sticks out at the nostrils, almost like the bottom half of my nose has been stuck on.

A rhinoplasty or "tip plasty" may be indicated

+1

Hello Janey,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  You may want to consider a limited rhinoplasty or "tip plasty" where on the lower third of your nose is contoured and refined.  This is not as common as a full rhinoplasty but in certain individuals it can be a great procedure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Rhinoplasty to fix bulbous tip

+1

Rhinoplasty done with care can potentially result in an amazing overall outcome. A plastic surgeon can refine the tip with structural support. It is important to balance the tip and bridge aesthetics. This will provide you with the nose you desire.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Get your tip done

+1

Noses can be approached one area at a time. If your tip is good and you have a bump that can be fixed. In your case, a well done tip plasty can refine your tip.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the single photo you provided and your comments a rhinoplasty to reduce the tip would appear to be beneficial.I would agree that your tip is broad relative to the rest of your nose.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

You are not alone!  You are an excellent candidate for an Open (External) Rhinoplasty.  The tip of your nose can be reshaped in many different ways using many different maneuvers.  The maneuvers that will be specifically performed depend on what works best in your surgeon's hands.  {Personally, I would perform medial and lateral crural overlay, lateral crural strut, columellar strut and cephalic strip}

Rhinoplasty is difficult surgery.  Please be certain that your surgeon is skilled and experienced in this procedure before going forward (as a point of reference, I average 3 rhinoplasties per week).  However, the problems with your nose are very realistic to address with rhinoplasty and I anticipate you'll get a great result!

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a bulbous tip be treated, only?

+1

The tip of your nose would be best treated with open rhinoplasty.  Although tip-only surgery is possible, often changes to the tip only can lead to and "unbalanced" nose.  Overall, you will desire harmony to the appearance of your nose.  Only careful examination and close discussion with an experienced surgeon will give you the best plan for your desired result.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

+1

one word - rhinoplasty

you have an intersting nose that detracts from the rest of your otherwise very attractive face

i agree your tip is bulbous

a side view is needed to make complete recommendations

i will say that i think that "tip rhinopalsty" is over sold (ie it ususally underperforms relative to the changes needed in most noses. but many surgeons offer this due to anxiety over osteotomies) with that said i think you might be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty (again side views needed to be sure) say this because the upper two thirds of you nose is straight and anrrow

cephalic reduction, tip sutures, tip suspension sutures, columellar strut may all be part of the plan (hard to say without side views and a true exam)

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty techniques may be used to improve your bulbous tip.

+1

Based on your concerns and your photo, well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a narrower, more pleasing appearance of your tip. The expertise of your surgeon is most important for achieving a natural looking, attractive result.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a very good candidate for a rhinoplasty to reduce the size, fullness, and roundness of your tip, such as in the case in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Correcting Bulbous Tip

+1

From the front view that you submitted I agree that your main problem is the bulbous tip. Your tip can  be narrowed and refined so it is proportional with the rest of our nose. You're fortunate because your skin is thinner than many people with a bulbous tip so you will achieve better definition.