Can a reserve flight attendant get a bbl?

I am a future flight attendant and want to get the bbl procedure done next year, problem is I'll only have one week of vacation time and I will be on reserve. My question is how soon would I be able to return to my line of work after having the procedure done?

Recovery from BBL

+2
Practically speaking for your job position two to three weeks of recovery would be recommended to my patients undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift

Recovery time for BBL

+2
I insist that my Brazilian Butt Lift patients take 2 weeks off after surgery.  I am pretty aggressive with the liposuction portion of the procedure, so I find that most of my patients are pretty sore after surgery and are glad they have two weeks to recover.  Your work as a flight attendant requires you to sit on the plane.  I worry that sitting so soon after your procedure could compromise your result. The standing and walking during beverage and/or meal service could lead to swelling in your legs.  Additionally, I don't like for my patients to travel too far away from my office in the 2 weeks following surgery.  You need to be nearby for post-op follow up appointments.  While complications are rare, they do occur occasionally so I like to be available to assess and manage them if they occur.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

BBL and work

+1
Certainly a BBL can be done and you may be able to go back to work in a week in most cases.  Best to ask your surgeon his opinion.

Depends of the patient; usually a week is enough...

+1

Thanks for your question. 

The truth is healing periods (specially in liposuction) vary a lot from patient to patient. Liposuction usually prevents patients from going back to work because of feeling uncomfortable pain swelling. But frankly it depends a lot on the patient. I've performed BBL (where we don't need a big amount of fat) and the patient is back to work in less than a week. The opposite has happened as well, where the patient takes more than 2 weeks to be able to go to work. 

Flight attendants are usually standing up and walking (which is good for lymphatic drainage and not compressing the gluteal region for too long sitting), so I'd say program yourself to at least a week. 

Any other question, feel free to contact me. 

Take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

+1
 This may not be enough time to recover.  I would think at least two weeks before being on an airplane for long flights.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures each year and produces the results you would expect.

Return to work after bbl

+1
You can usually return to work a week or less after bbl. The first week is a time of limited sitting, and you may not feel like lifting bags over 25lbs. 

So with some care, you may be able to get the procedure accomplished.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
The Brazilian Butt Lift recovery depend on how much liposuction is done. Give yourself time to heal. For BBL you need 2-3 weeks of recovery
.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com