Do I seem to have an over-resected nasal bridge? Or is it just swelling? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty done 7 months ago. At first, I was very pleased with my profile, but with time, the swelling on my bridge went down, and I started noticing a supra-tip "fullness" which I am not fond of. Although I am pretty pleased with my results and love the overall look, this slight problem in my profile is the only thing bothering me. May this be a deformity due to an over-resected dorsum? Or may this just be swelling on my tip and supra-tip? Will my profile ever appear "straight?"

Over-reduced nasal bridge

+2
From the photos, it does appear to me that the dorsum has been lowered a bit too much.  This will cause the issues you describe. The nose will look "bottom heavy" on profile in this case.  The nose appears to start well below the lower lashes, instead of at the upper lid crease, which is ideal.  You may want to discuss this with your surgeon. 

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I seem to have an over-resected nasal bridge? Or is it just swelling?

+1
Might try a filler to the depressed area to see if the elevation from the filler might be to your satisfaction. 

Over-resected dorsum

+1
I would concur with all the other respondents.  Your profile is too low, and rather scooped.  And your supratip is full.  Tip swelling is the last to go down, so maybe you'll appreciate a little bit of improvement in that overall profile, but I don't expect you will have a "straight" profile.  Revision rhinoplasty for dorsal augmentation will be your best bet, but do wait at least 12 months before embarking on that path as you want to make sure all the swelling has settled out completely.

Good luck!

Dr. Alexander

Ashlin Alexander, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal appearance after surgery

+1
It looks like your nose was over-reduced leaving a very low dorsal height and a tip that appears too large relative when what you really need is augmentation of the dorsum.

Low Nasal Dorsum?

+1
Tip swelling may decrease over the next 6 months but it appears that your bridge is low. This can be improved by augmenting your bridge with a small cartilage graft.

Nasal Dorsum

+1
I have to concur with Dr. Bridges on this issue.  The photos show a dorsum that appears somewhat over-resected, and evidence of moderate supratip fullness.  I would first discuss your results with your operating Surgeon and wait a minimum of 12 months prior to any revision consideration.  When the tip/ supratip swelling settles, you may be more pleased with your results.  Revision Rhinoplasty is more complicated than primary Rhinoplasty.  Make sure that the Surgeon you choose is board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and more importantly, make sure that he/she foocuses on Rhinoplasty in practice.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision for over resected dorsum.

+1
Rhinoplasty revision for over resected dorsum is what u will need. Wait 1 year to see if goes down more before revision. See a very experienced Facial Plastic or Plastic surgeon for the best results. 

Low Bridge

+1
If you are not happy with the bridge of the nose, it can be augmented at a later time to improve the profile.  I prefer to use an autologous (using your own tissue) approach instead of implants.  It is unlikely that the profile is going to change at 7 months to give you a "straight" look but you may be better off waiting a full year before any revisions.  You should have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about a possible revision if you're unhappy with the results.

Eugene Kim, MD

Over resected bridge

+1
From your photos it does look like the bridge is over resected. Check with your pre operative imaging that this is or is not what you wanted. Discuss with your surgeon what options you have usually revisions don't occur before a year.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Over resection of nasal dorsum from rhinoplasty

+1
The photo shows over-resection of the dorsum.  This is correctable with revision, but you should wait a full year.  Revision rhinoplasty is challenging due to scarring .Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has expertise in performing revision rhinoplasty.    Insist on seeing a portfolio of pre-and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's expertise and the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD