Is It Always a Requirement to Have a Tummy Tuck After Brazilian Butt Lift?

The dr. I consulted said the lipo would create a "shelf" where the lipo stops. I am 5'3" 67 years old, and weigh 150???

Tummy Tuck after Buttock enhancement?

+1

There is no correlation between a tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttocks.  These are 2 separate and distinct procedures.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lift is Independant of your tummy

+1

A Brazilian Butt lift will address the fullness in your buttocks.  You will need to remove fat from other areas of the body to have the fat to graft into the buttocks. 

A tummy tuck will tighten the abdomen skin and muscle.  I do not see how they are connected.  I have done each of these procedures separately.

Your dr. may be referring to the liposuction part of the procedure.  Make sure you have clearly communicated so you can be comfortable with the procedure.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after brazilian butt lift

+1

If you have hanging skin or if you have loose skin, it will be looser and hanging more after the liposuction. You will then need a tummy tuck.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS