What is Required to Remove Cartilage Point on Bridge After Rhinoplasty to Remove Hump?

Years ago my surgeon corrected some internal breaks in my septum due to an accident, and tried to straighten my nose and remove the hump on the bridge. Since then, I have had a cartilage point at the end of the bridge before it reaches my tip, similar to a mini rhino horn. :( It also gets pulled to one side by the skin, so from the front my nose is crooked. I'd love to get it fixed, but am afraid how complicated and expensive it will be. What is required to fix this type of problem?

Cartilage point on bridge

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question (in regards to complexity of the procedure) without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Bump

+1

It sounds as if you have some residual cartilage hump which could be easily addressed. If your septum is still crooked though then  it may be more involved. Photos would help but don't be discouraged about getting this fixed.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cartilage point after previous Rhinoplasty.

+1

What you are describing is the top of the nasal septum where it meets the nasal tip.  This is the anterior, superior aspects of the anterior septal angle and should be lower than the nasal tip...not higher.  This could be trimmed, quite, easilly using a closed tip-plasty technique.  Hope this helps.

Cartilage spicule on bridge after hump removal

+1

From your description it sounds as though there's a spicule of cartilage on your bridge. This can be removed with a revision/refinement rhinoplasty procedure. How extensive this is depends on your actual anatomy and what precisely needs to be done. It may be able to be done via a closed approach (i.e., with hidden incisions inside the nose).

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhino horn

+1

depending on size and location an internal approach with shaving or even an external approach can be considered. probably can be done with local anesthetic if it is small.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Cartilaginous bump on bridge - rhinoplasty

+1

A small bump or hump after a nasal fracture or nasal trauma can be common.  It sounds as though shaving this down would help with the appearance of your nose.  Photographs of your nose would provide a more accurate assessment.  This could be approached through a closed or open approach.  Good luck.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Pictures would be helpful to comnent more specifically. From your description, it sounds as if there is remaining dorsal septum on the supra-tip area. If this the case, removal of the remaining septum should be a simple procedure. Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon