Am I Required to See a Dietician Before Gastric Bypass?

And, if so, do most surgeons have one on-staff on do I need to go somewhere else and get "cleared" before the doctor will operate on me?

Dietician before Gastric Bypass Surgery

+1

Yes we do require all patients to see a nutritionist prior to gastric bypass surgery.  This is important to assess your current eating habits as well as counseling you about the what you should be eating after the surgery  Also most insurance companies require this prior to approving your surgery. It is important to see someone who is knowledgable about the surgery.  We have our own full-time nutritionist on our staff.

Web reference: http://stopobesityforlife.com

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon