Do I Require a Breast Lift or Can I Just Get Implants? (photo)

Hi, I am wondering if you think that I will require a lift to recieve good results? I have attached my pictures and a picture of results I like. Thank you

Low breast position requires lift

+1

Your photographs show your areolas are too low even with your arms elevated.  You would benefit from a circumareola approach to lift your breast tissue, create upper pole fullness, increase your cleavage, elevate the areola and allow implant placement if you desire.  You are an excellent candidate for Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift v implants

+1

I cannot tell from your photos if you need a lift but I suspect you do as you are close to looking like you need a lift with your arms up which of course raises your nipple higher. If you put a small implant on top of the muscle you would not need a lift but over time this may pull your breasts further down. I would re-post your question with better photos - with your arms down.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants or with a lift?

+1

Based solely on your photos, it looks like you will need both a lift and implants to accomplish the result that you want.

Breast lift needed?

+1

As others stated it is difficult to say with certainty since your photos have your arms raised (which can falsely raise your breasts).  Also I like to base my opinion on your measurements which I can only do with an in person consultation.  That being said it appears you are a borderline case in my opinion.  If you want perkier breasts that have more fullness to the upper breast, then I would recommend a lift with implants.  If you will be pleased with your nipple position being a bit lower yet having more overall breast fullness, then an implant alone will be sufficient.  Seek counsel with some board certified plastic surgeons who perform a lot of breast surgery for a more definitive answer.  Best wishes to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast lift not needed

+1

Based on your photographs, it does not appear that you would need a breast lift. See a board certified plastic surgeon or two, and discuss their opinions before deciding.

Donna Rich, MD

Do I Require a Breast Lift or Can I Just Get Implants?

+1

From reviewing the posted photos and without an in person examination my recommendation is an implant with donut lifting. Best to you. 

Breast implants alone or lift too?

+1

Thank you for your question and for including photographs.  We make the determination about a breast lift based on nipple position with your arms down, but it's impossible to take your own picture with your arms down!  Based on what I can see with your arms partially elevated, you are on the borderline of needing a lift.  If your are looking to increase fullness and cleavage, I think you can go with augmentation alone.  If you are really looking for perkiness, a lift will be needed.  I see a lot of women with breasts similar to yours who opt not to have a lift and end up thrilled with their results.  I always counsel women that augmentation is not going to lift the nipples.  As long as you are OK with that, I think implants alone will give you a good result.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

To Lift or Not To Lift, that is the question....

+1

When making a decision about performing a breast augmentation or an augmentation with a mastopexy (breast lift), the position of the nipple in relation to the inframmary fold is a key factor. Typically, if the nipple is below the fold or if they are downward pointing, a breast lift is necessary to get the most aesthetically pleasing result. In patients who prefer not to have a mastopexy but are on the borderline, the choice of implant becomes very important since some implants may accentuate any mild ptosis.

Looking at your photos, my initial impression is that a mastopexy is probably not necessary, but since your arms are lifted it can underestimate the degree of ptosis (sagging). I recommend that you meet with your Plastic Surgeon and express your goals and desires. Good luck.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

To lift or not to lift?

+1

Given your photos, it would be difficult to completely determine that as your arms are lifted, which changes the exam and your appearance. Patients frequently have an assumption that a very large implant may " lift" the breast, and avoid the needed for a breast lift.

If there is significant excess skin, a very large implant will unfortunately accelerate the sagging process.  You would be best suited getting opinions of a few different plastic surgeons.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

#BreastLift or Just #BreastImplants

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have relatively good shape to your breasts. The outcome you show as a desired result shows a tighter appearance that what might result from an augmentation alone. It is possible that you can get this without, but this would need to be determined in person by your operating surgeon. Currently, your nipples are located at the lower end of the breasts and to elevate them to the "goal location" I would consider using a lift. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD