Do I Require a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am 23 and am going to get a breast augmentation at the end of the year but I am wanting to know if I will also need a lift?

Do I need a breast lift?

+1

It's difficult to say from the photos you provided but it doesn't appear that you necessarily require a lift.  With that said, your arm is raised in the photo so it may have lifted your areola up a bit.  You could be fine just with an augmentation depending on what size implant you go with.  It would be best if you could go to a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person exam.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I Require a Breast Lift?

+1

ONLY side views posted! NEED frontal view. My guess is yes a lift with an implant but again limited information. 

Do I Require a Breast Lift?

+1

This is very difficult to evaluate from the views presented.  You will need an exam to determine what is appropriate.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift? with augmentation

+1

It is difficult to tell from the photos posted whether or not an implant alone will be enough.  Best to be seen in person.

Do I require a breast lift

+1

Thanks for the enquiry.  I think from the photos it is difficult to say. The final cup size you are after will be the key. That will allow the surgeon to assess the volume change needed and this may allow lowering of the fold under the breast to give the appearance of the nipple being raised without the down side scars of a breast lift. The answer will be a full assessment where you can explain to the surgeon your desired result and from there a plan to be made to get you that result with the minimal scarring.  I hope that is of some help and best of luck

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift not needed as part of a breast augmentation in this patient.

+1

The breasts in the picture did not demonstrate any significant ptosis. Breast augmentation alone will give a good operative result.

Do I Require a Breast Lift?

+1

Dear Audrey,

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is difficult to tell from these photos.  Standardized photos of you with your arms down and the camera at the breast level (not looking down at the breasts) both front and profile would help, but a physical exam would be best.  Guessing from these photos, you may need a small lift, but this also depends on were your breast crease is compared to your arms and if it should be lowered a little or not. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

+1

Hello

I do not think you need a lift on your left breast from looking at the side on photo.  Difficult to comment on the right breast as it is not clearly visible. I would encourage you to see a qualified plastic surgeon and have a consultation and discuss your options.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or not with implants?

+1

Hi there,

Your pictures aren't very helpful as in the first one your arms are elevated, and in the second one the angle of view is a little odd.

Its certainly possible you might need a lift, I think, but it's not possible to be sure without better photos taken from further away with your arms relaxed by your side.

And, measuring you at a consultation will also be necessary.

its an important decision to be made before surgery. My advice is to have a consultation with an expert plastic surgeon in your area.

all the best,

Howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Needing a lift?

+1

If you walked into my office with your concerns, I would not recommend a lift.  An implant should be more then adequate to produce your desired results.

Curtis Wong, MD