Any Reputable Medical Centers/Dermatologists Who Specialize in Keloid Laser Treatments Near the Pacific Northwest?

I have keloid scars on my chest, and I've heard they require special attention from someone experienced with treating keloids. My insurance doesn't cover treatment, so at this point I'm willing to bite the bullet and pay for a cosmetic procedure, but want to be sure I'm in the best of hands. Any suggestions? They will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Keloid scar treatment in California

+1

I have treated countless keloids on all parts of the body and feel that a combination of surgery, IIT, and laser can improve all types of keloids. 

Treatment of keloids

+1

The treatment of a keloid is removal followed by measures to prevent its recurrence. Lasers can be used in this process but equivalently good reliable results can be obtained without lasers. If you just remove the keloid with a laser but do not undertake any measures to prevent its recurrence it will come back just like it would if you only removed it with a scalpel.

The recurrence prevention measures vary slightly from doctor to doctor but involve some combination of pressure application, scar injections, medicated tape and/or radiation to the scar.

Aaron Stone, MD