8 Months After Neck Lipo

I received neck lipo about eight months ago, and the day after the procedure, there was visible improvement to my neck contour. But that improvement disappeared, and now my neck looks much as it did before the procedure. Even more, I continue to have firmness in my neck, and this is concerning. Is it possible that it will take more time for the improvement? Or is this probably as good as it's going to get? Sure appreciate any insights. Thanks!

Neck lipo at 8 months

+2

At 8 months what you see is what you've got and the result is what it is.  The firmness may be sacr tissue and might or might not soften up over the next several months.  In order to get more depth and angularity in the neck, you would need a neck lift in which the fat below the muscles is removed in the midline and the muscles are tightened.

Egiht months after neck liposuction should be sufficient time for stable results

+1

Egiht months after neck liposuction should be sufficient time for stable results. Furhter benefits could be obtained by possibly undergoing a second round of liposuciton or considering a neck lift.

Liposuction of the neck and chin

+1

Improved neck contour can be acheived with both liposuction and underlying muscle plication. I would recommend that you continue to massage the area and await resolution of the firmness and edema. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Neck lipo after 8 months

+1

If the result of the lipo of your neck was less than satisfactory, perhaps you needed something else done on yoru neck to mimprove the contour?

Your result will not change much

+1

Your had liposution of the neck and the result is no improvement and this can be due the wrong procedure or liposuction not done properly . The before surgery exam is important to decide on the correct procedure. If you had more fat than the muscle sagging,liposuction is the correct treatment. If you had more muscle sagging,then neck lift would have been the correct treatment. Please get a second consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post op neck liposuction with little change.

+1

The liposuction did little for you and is about as good as it will be. You need to have a good necklift and possible liposuction below the muscle. Part of the platysma muscle may need to be removed and tightened at the same time. Make sure you see an experienced facelift surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of this.