Replacing Saline W/Silicone - Do I Need Lift? (150cc, Mentor Siltex Rt Filled 225cc, Left 215cc, Age 49, 5' 2, 103lbs? (photo)

Replacing my Saline implants with Silicone -I am unsure if I should have a lift as well. I do not want larger implants (would prefer slightly small implants ) I am unhappy with the feel of saline (hard and unnatural) and I am somewhat concerned with the saggin. One doctor said my breasts are in a good position and I would get good result with just changing the implants from Saline to Silicone. Is the trade off of scars worth getting the lift? Based on the photos do I need a lift?

Downsizing Breast Implants Options? Capsulorraphy?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I do not think that breast lifting will be necessary,  as long as you do not downsize your breast implants too much. On the other hand, adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy) may be helpful in improving the positioning of the breast implants on your chest wall, both in the upright and supine positions.

Select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work helping patients with revisionary breast surgery and communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Breast uplift with new implant?

+2

If you replace your existing implants with silicone of the same size you are likely to feel that your breast have dropped a little once your swelling subsides. This is  certainly the case if you choose smaller implants. Whether you have an uplift is, in large part, your choice: if you just want softer implants regardless of breast position and if you are happy to use a bra to lift the volume, then why do a lift? However, you mentioned you are already not happy with the sagging. If you want to correct sagging and just maintain your current volume, then you will need a lift.

Good luck with your decision - there is a nice solution whatever you chose.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

You do not need lift based on the attached pictures

+2

You may need little bigger implants or same size . If you happy with your breast shape and only concern is the feel, silicone implants will help. If you want smaller implants,then may need to have lift.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Switching from saline to silicone

+2

Your nipples are above the level of the crease so no lift is indicated. Your breasts may feel firm due to the implant overfill or due to excess scar formation (capsular contracture) or both. If you put in smaller implants you may get a deflated look you may not like. Discuss all these points with your surgeon. Good luck!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

- Do I Need Lift?

+2

If you are satisfied with the current nipple/areolar position, I would not suggest considering a lift. Replacing the overfilled salines with silicone gel implants of the same or slightly smaller size should be give a nice improvement in the feel of the implants, and should not have any effect on the appearance. 

All the best. 

Do you need a breast lift? Only your plastic surgeon knows for sure

+2

There is no substitute for an in-person consultation for deciding on the question of breast lift with implants. It will depend on your measurements, the size and dimensions of the replacement implants, what your desires are as far as size change, and other things. One reason your saline implants are firm might be the fill volume; 225 cc in a 150 cc implant is a fairly dramatic overfill. In general the scars from a breast lift are a good trade-off for better shape.

Replacing Saline W/Silicone - Do I Need Lift? (150cc, Mentor Siltex Rt Filled 225cc, Left 215cc, Age 49, 5' 2, 103lbs?

+1

If you want to go smaller, I think that a breast lift and pocket revision could not only lift the breasts but reshape them as well to create more medial fullness and less lateral displaced breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentation revisions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-and-lift-photo-galleries.php