Considerations for Replacing Saline with Silicone Breast Implants?

I have 500cc submuscular Saline breast implants soon to be replaced by Silicone implants (memory gel). My reason is I want a more natural shape and feel.

I am 5'6", 140lbs, hips 41 inches. My under bust is 33", so I am very pear shaped and need to balance visually. I want implants that are broader on my chest, but not more projecting in front.

The current saline ones are high profile. I am trying to decide between the low profile and moderate profile gel. What are the considerations? Is going from 500 cc saline 650 cc gel reasonable? I may also be getting a Benelli lift simultaneously.

Compare shape and dimensions

+1

There is not an exact correlation between saline and silicone implant dimensions. You need to look at the charts to see what size and shape each type of implant has. If you go to 650 cc's in a silicone implant, look at what your current implant size is and go with a low or moderate profile that gives you the shape you want. If you want it wider then go with an implant that has the desired width. I would suspect that a moderate profile implant will be better for you than a low profile.

Low profile implants are not very common but if it has the dimensions that fit you then it is the right way to go.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

This is all dimensional

+1

Have your surgeon look at your old implant dimensions and compare them to those of the implants you are having placed. Besides the change in "feel," silicone gel implants weigh more than saline-filled implants and have a higher long term risk of capsular contracture. Those are the main considerations.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon