Replacing Ruptured Silicon Implant - Pros and Cons? (photo)

I have my silicon implants for 10 years, and just discovered through MRI and Ultrasound that right one is raptured (but the silicon is contained within the implant) and left has some mild signs of rapture. I am 33 and was planning to get pregnant this year with my first child - would it be reccomended to wait until I finish my pregnancies and then replace the imlants, or better replace them now?How would pregnancy affect the newly installed implants, will I have to do another relacement? thanks!

Rupture Implant and Starting a Family

You may want to consider removal of your implant now.  Start and complete your family.  Once your family is completed then you can have your breast evaluated to determine if anything needs to be done based on the changes that occurred during pregnancy.

Dr. ES