I Am Replacing PIPs 405cc UH. Will an Increase in Projection and Size Address a Slight Sagging Issue?

I have met with my surgeon who has stated that I have a very slight sagging of my breasts however this is not worth surgery at this point. I am replacing my ruptured PIP 405cc that have a 5.7 UH projection and a 12cm width. To address the slight sagging what size would I be better off going with: 354-4500 500cc 13.2cm 5.4cm - High P 354-5480 480cc 11.6cm 6.0cm - Highest P 354-5535 535cc 12.1cm 6.3cm - Highest P

Best Breast Implants for Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. What operation you will benefit from will depend on your physical examination and specific goals.

Keep in mind that your description of “very slight sagging” is subjective and can  have a different meaning/interpretation depending on the person.

Instead of trying to determine what breast implant size/profile will best meet your goals (with the help of online consultants”  I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant size may not solve sag

+1

A larger breast implant may take up space in the breast envelope and lift the nipple, however there is also a chance as you increase the implant size, and the projection, the breast can get a 'ball in a sock' appearance. If the high profile look has been 'you' stay with it, but the sagging might eventually come to a lift.

Implants Affect Size And Shape, Not Sagging

+1

Here are some important generalizations to guide your decisions about implants and "sagging."  (Important: "sagging" is different from "deflation.")

Implants inflate the breast.

• implants can shape the breast
  • implants can fill out the breast and chest
  • implants add volume to the breast
  • implants can re-inflate the breast

Implants don't lift the breast.

• the position of the nipple will come forward in the direction it is already pointing
  • the nipple will come forward at the height it is currently positioned
  • the bottom of the breast will be at the same height it is before surgery

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon