Replacing 300 Mod Saline (Allergan). 421Mod+Allergan or 425 HP Mentor. Will I Get the Results I'm After?

I can't sleep at night because can't decide- 5'6 116 size 0 -muscular. Run/workout everyday. I wear a 34c now but don't fill it out. I am leaning toward the 421 mod plus but not sure it will give me enough projection! That is why the Mentor 425 HP was suggested but not sure it will be wide enough. 421 base 13.3. Projection 4.3. Mentor base 12.5 projection 5.0. My base measures 11.4/11.5 now. My projection is 4.0. Any advice? I have 270-300 saline filled to max now.

Selecting Breasts Implants Size/Profile for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Prior to proceeding with revisionary breast augmentation surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking"  etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”. 

Visual Images of Desired Breast Look Needed

+1

Pictures are more helpful (where you are now and what you want to be) than all these implant measurements. The debate you are having amongst the implant choices are completely  irrelevant differences. I would be more concerned that any of the new sizes are adequate for what you want to achieve in terms of volume and projection. Your surgeon needs to see images of what breast look you are trying to achieve.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Choosing breast implant size

+1

YOUR JOB: explain what your concerns and desires for an end result after breast augmentation

SURGEON'S JOB: translate your desires into the most accurate possible implant size, shape, and position. 

Your decision for breast augmentation should not be based on the implants.  You are not experienced with understanding what the implants will look like in your body.  Your surgeon should be an expert in this and should be choosing the implant for you based on your size desires.

This is what you are paying an 'expert' to do and you should expect it from them.  Go and find someone that can deliver on your desires.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Sleepless over implant size

+1

The differences in the implant sizes that you are troubled about are not really that great. It also seems unfair that you decide as the surgeon should have the better experience to make the call, provided you have worked closely enough so that it is clear just what you wish to look like. Make sure the surgeon understands the 'look' and you should feel confident about the result.

Go with the implant that best fits your base width

+1

It's not uncommon for patients to spend hours and hours agonizing over implant sizes, profiles, and shapes.  The two implants you have mentioned are both quite similar.  It's important to remember that you are talking about differences of only a few millimeters.  There are obviously a number of variables that go into selecting the best implant size for a particular patient.  It sounds like you have a pretty narrow frame.  It may be best for you to go with the implant that most closely matches your base width.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon