Replacing 12-year Old Porcelain Crowns on Front Teeth

12 yrs ago, I broke off 80% of both top front teeth in an accident (needed crowns & root canals). I want to replace them (gums receded & they look old), but I'm afraid that replacing them too often will weaken what's left of the underlying tooth structure. Is this a valid concern? Should I wait?

Upgrading crowns can be done safely

+1

While your concern IS valid, if an experienced cosmetic dentist does the treatment the risk is low.  Quite often it is not necessary to remove the entire crown and can be veneered.  Depending on how much tooth structure was removed initially, it is likely that replacement will be uneventful.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/veneers-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Replacement Crowns

+1

You should not worry about loss of tooth structure by replacing your crowns. Seek a Cosmetic Dentist that is highly trained to preserve the tooth structure and fabricate crowns that will last many years - even if you have recession.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist