Are Replacement Silicone Breast Implants As Soft As Originally Put in?

I have had breast implants in for the last 12 years and I am 75% happy with them, however I do have some slight drooping (ptosis) on both breasts and did have an aerola uplift 6 years ago which was great at first. Athough my breasts do feel pretty natural whilst standing up, the left one as it is slightly capsulated, My main query is that if I was to have them removed and replaced, will they feel as natural as they do now and by going a fraction larger in the implant will this rectify the ptosis?

Implant revision for capsular contracture

+1

It may be time for surgical revision. If there is thickened scar tissue, it can be removed, and the implants should be replaced with new ones. You may want to definitively treat sagging with a more definitive lift beyond a scar around the nipple. Hard to say without photos if sagging will be treated adequately with larger implant - the problem is that larger implants, while immediately nice, may exacerbate sagging over time b/c of larger weight of implants. My implant revision patients have been very happy to have the scar tissue removed. They feel and look better. Best of luck!

Replacement implants

+1

Your new implants should feel very similar as long as the shell is the same (smooth or textured).  Sometimes textured implants feel firmer than smooth ones.  You will likely not see a significant ptosis improvement with only a slight volume change.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

+1

The new implants should feel about the same as the current ones, perhaps softer if one has a capsular contracture. 

As far as the ptosis goes, a larger implants will fill out some extra skin, but will not move  the nipple and areola. If your areolae and nipples are too low, you will need a lift to correct that. 

Thanks for your question. Best wishes.