Replace Butt Implants with Larger Ones in the Same Area?

Can the Butt implants I have now be removed and have bigger ones placed in the same area? Would that be a problem for me?

Replacement of butt implants with larger ones

+1

Placement of butt implants can be performed at different levels in the muscle of your butt. Depending on the level in which your original Butt implants were placed, it is possible to replace these implants with larger ones. The most important consideration is to make sure that implants that are going to be used will not pinch on important structures in your butt such as the nerves that go down to your legs. Your best bet is to work with a plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with butt augmentation and the anatomy of this region. They will be able to determine if a larger implant will impact the surrounding structures. Other options to consider are a Brazilian Butt lift where we performed liposuction on different parts of your body and then clean and process this fat and transplanted it to the butt region. In our practice, we have augmented the result of several patients who have already had butt implants with this procedure.

Larger Buttock Implants

+1

Yes, you can exchange to bigger implants. BUT the larger the implant, the MORE complication you may experience.

LET IT BE. If you have good results do not change.

Larger Buttock Implants

+1

Larger implants can be placed through the same incision typically and may or may nor require further dissection to create a larger pocket. Depending on the initial implant placement (below fascia or muscle) it should be less of a recovery than the first time around. There is always a risk of infection or wound problems with any surgery.

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Going with larger buttock implants

+1

You are quite fortunate that you have had implants without complications. Going with larger implants may put you at higher risk of complications. Since your first surgery was successful, that speaks well to the skills or your surgeon. I would consult with him/her about their opinion. Be prepared to pay the additional costs.