Repeated Capsular Contracture

I went into surgery two times already to fix my left breast. It is now hard again and one breast size smaller than my perfect right side. Im now taking singulair 10mg once a day for 3 month with daily massaging of an hour a day. nothing seems to be working. Am I more prone to getting this capsular contracture and should I go into surgery again to try and fix it?

Recurrent capsular contracture

+2

If you are a 3 time loser to capsular contracture you may need to face the fact that you and implants don't seem to mix well.  Last resorts like Strattice are possible if both implant pockets below and above the muscle have been tried.

Breast implants

+1

Unfortunately, it is a difficult problem to resolve.  One option may be to remove the implant and capsule and wait a while for the body to heal and in a few months do it again.  A capsulectomy is a definite must, in my opinion.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Options for treating recurrent capsular contracture

+1

Without knowing the details issues to consider in one last procedure include: a new implant, a neopectoral pocket, use of acellular dermal matrix, and possibly Accolate versus Singulair therapy. Of course implant removal and replacement with fat grafting is another option.

Treatment of Capsular Contracture

+1

Recurrent capsular contracture is a difficult problem to overcome.  Singular has been shown to sometimes be of benefit.  The best treatment involves removal of the implants and capsule with replacement of the implants into a new pocket.  If the implants are subglandular, I  would move them to a submuscular location and would exchange saline for silicone implants.

John Whitt, MD

Capsular contacture

+1

You may be one of those patients that get persistent capsular contractures.   The history is a bit unclear, but all variables need to be considered. You may want to consider removing the implant and starting over in the future, or even consider alloderm to help with the contracture.