How Often Will I Need to Repeat Ultherapy Procedures to Maintain Results?

Ultherapy results what to expect.

+1
In my experience, we have come to see Ultherapy as part of more comprehensive program for nonsurgical rejuvenation and maintenance. The results are additive, and we advice patients to think about two treatments at 6 months apart.  For most part to avoid disappointment, one should not ignore the importance of volume restoration with volumizing fillers such as Scultpra or fat transfer. superficial treatments such as radiofrequency or lasergenesis help round out a program.  If you are thinking about facial rejuvenation, locate a facility that can provide comprehensive full spectrum of energy based devices,  rather than a single machine approach.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy

+1

Ultherapy can be repeated in 6 to 12 months. Collagen typically takes this long to develop so waiting this long between treatments will allow you to better assess how much improvement you got in order to determine if repeating Ulthera is necessary and or/worth the investment. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see if Ulthera is right for you.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy - How long does it last?

+1

Ultherapy takes several months to see the end result.  If you have a good collagen framework (i.e. mild-moderate skin laxity), then you may find you get the expected result of a gentle lift all around the treated areas.  Once the skin and tissue tightening effects have plateaued, you will still face realities that we continue to age.  Factors that can accelerate the agining process include excessive sun exposure and smoking.  Be sure to maintain healthy skin care habits (sun screen, skin care, wearing hats, avoiding sun during high UV index, etc.).  You will be able to maintain your Ultherapy results for more than year.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Ultherapy Lift - Frequency of treatment

+1

The biggest factor in how long your Ultherapy Lift will last is how robustly your body responds to collagen stimulation. Aging never stops. There is a continuous cycle of collagen breakdown and generation. As we age that cycle leans heavier on the breakdown events instead of the generation.

Treatments such as Ultherapy affect the collagen generation at a fairly deep level so the collagen renewal you get from the procedure has some significant staying power. But you won't stop aging and you can't prevent collagen breakdown. This means eventually you will require another treatment to provide another collagen-inducing event.

Surgical facelifts aren't "forever" either. With Ultherapy, you get less than a facelift, but you get to skip the surgery.

Like any new technology, it will be a decade or so before we have a better prediction of what to expect for the various age ranges. For now, it appears to be a useful option with a very low risk profile.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Repeat Ultherapy for Maintenance

+1

Hi,

While there are no studies looking at the long-term outcomes of Ultherapy, most physicians have reported that the results can last anywhere from 1-3 years before needing to re-treat in order to maintain results. The longevity of the results depends on your body’s ability to produce, maintain and breakdown collagen. As I tell all my patients, you will continue to age, but you will look better at 2 years after treatment than if you had not done anything at all. Hope this helps!

Dr.Sunder

Sarmela Sunder, MD

Ulthera can provide lifting

+1

The duration of the effect that Ultherapy has on tightening and lifting is expected to be more than one year based on new collagen growth, not just tightening the connective tissue. It has not been studied long term to answer the question with precision. Similar to facelifts not lasting forever, because the skin continues to weaken over time, there might need to be retreatment but I would not expect this to be for at least one, if not, a few years.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera can be repeated as a maintenance therapy

+1

In my experience with over 100 patients, Ulthera yields results approximating two to three years reversal of aging.  Assuming you do not dramatically change your habits and lifestyle, the aging process should stay relatively constant.  I tell my patients to expect to be back at their baseline in two to three years, at which time a repeat treatment could be performed.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon