Will Repeat Radiesse Sessions Give More Cheek Volume?

I had Radiesse done about 5 months ago and only put in one syring 1.3cc to my cheeks, a tad in the cheek folds, and some for cheekbone. I am 30 and wanted to get sculpted cheeks like Kim Kardashian has. I saw some cheekbone improvement but not as much.

Would you recommend I go back for a repeat session now and put it another one of 1.3cc? OR should I go for two of these in one shot instead of spacing them apart? Also, it seems to have gone down a bit.

More Radiesse will give more volume

+3

If you would like more volume in your cheek area, getting more Radiesse now is appropriate. I often have patients who want very little volume to start so they can get used to the change in their appearance. A month or so later, some of them come back ready for more so that they can achieve as full a correction as possible. Then the next time they are treated, they get the whole volume rather than another staged correction.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cheek enhancement often requires multiple syringes of Radiesse

+3

RADIESSE is my preferred product for cheek enhancement and it really varies how much each patient will require to get the look they would like. It depends on how flat or sunken their cheeks are and also how much fullness they desire. As a BOARD CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST I inject many patients every week with fillers for cheek enhancement, so it is not necessary to see just a plastic surgeon.

I would make sure however that whomever injects you has a lot of experience with injectables, especially in cheeks. Injecting cheeks is an art and it can be done well or it can be done poorly. Make sure you like that doctor's work and ask for photos if you don't have a personal recommendation. Not every doctor is good at everything and one may be great at face lifts and poor at fillers while another may be great with fillers and not good at nose jobs. Also, some physicians don't even do the injectables themselves but delegate it to their nurses, so make sure you know how experienced the person injecting you is, not just the doctor they work for.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Reinjecting more Radiesse

+3

More Radiesse can be injected at any time to create the volumization effect you desire. You do not need to wait for it all to dissolve. Some people who need volume will have several syringes of the 1.5cc Radiesse so one of he 1.3cc might be too conservative for you, but it is always wiser to inject less than more as you can always add.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse gives good correction for lost cheek volume

+2

Calcium hydroxyapatite is the molecule that gives Radiesse it's volume. It works very well in deep injection sites like the cheek and mid face hollows. We use the product frequently in this area and obtain pleasing results.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ways to Enhance Cheek Volume With Fillers

+2

Fillers can be used to create cheek volume or cheek lifting. The decision of which filler to use depends on the individual skin thickness, degree of volume desired, longevity, and budgetary concerns.

Here are some way to enhance and/or prolong results of these injections:

• "thicker" products tend to stay longer: Radiesse tend to stay longer than hyaluronic acid such as restylane or regular juvaderm. However, products such as Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Hydrelle are more cross-linked or have higher density tend to stay longer
  • multiple, staged, and incremental correction of injections
  • multiple layers of placement of products
  • increasing volume to be delivered over several times
  • combining fillers: using fat as the base and radiesse or HA more superficially can create a longer lasting result, and less lumpy feel of to the radiesse.

George Sun, MD

Fat injections for cheek enhancement

+2

You might consider getting fat injections to the cheeks. There are a number of advantages over synthetic fillers:

1) It's your own fat not a synthetic material.

2) As a live graft the results will most likely be permanent.

3) You can get more fullness with less cost.

4) Since it is your own fat it will feel totally natural. Radiesse can feel stiff.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Repeated Radiesse is OK

+2

It is perfectly acceptable to go back for repeated procedures and in fact, this is what I prefer.  This allows the surgeon to be more exact when it comes to how much volume to place.  There is absolutely no problem with repeated procedures and I would encourage you to return if you think you need more volume.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

More Radiesse help augment the cheekbones

+2

Yes, definitely more Radiesse would help. Next time try two syringes in the same session. You are also a good candidate for Sculptra which will last longer.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse Enhances the Cheeks

+2

In general 1.3 cc is a small amount of filler for enhancement of both cheeks. If possible 2 syringes is a good start and often 4-6 may be required to give the volume one may need to sculpt the cheeks. You physician will know after examining you and discussing your goals how much volume you may require to give you the look you want.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for cheek volume

+1

You need to consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON and have complete analysis of the face and your goals. Computer imaging may help communicate your desires. Then you have the options of radiesse or fat transfer. For the face you require many ccs of fillers, or fat.